hot

Skip Dippity Doo!!

Helloooo everyone! I hope y'all had a great holiday weekend! I sure did! Instead of eating turkey I had an amazing seafood paella in a cozy little village in Mexico called Yelapa. Wow that was yummy! Everyone who knows me knows that I love me some shrimp and believe me, I ate the shit outta some shrimp! Well, not literally. Gross.



 After a few days, my favorite man and I headed over to Sayulita to enjoy some relaxation time on the beach. I've never woken up on my own so early in the morning but it was hard to stay in the room and sleep with the surf pounding the beach right outside the window. I had to attempt surfing and I fell in love with it, even though I got a major pounding fromt the ocean my second day. If you ever think you have the upper hand on the sea, she will easily remind you who's boss. My sinuses were definitely thoroughly rinsed out, though, by the time she was done with me. Ouch!



I managed to get in a few tattoos on my days off before I left for my trip. I started this portrait on Monday. On our next sitting I'm going to add a frame of flowers around her.




And this is the start of a really rather large piece I'll be doing on my friend Adam. The plan is for this tattoo to extend all the way up his leg, onto his ribcage and then onto his back. It's going to be a combination of Kudzu, animals, bugs, flowers, birds, and FIRE!




I don't just forget about tattooing when I'm away from the shop. I'm always looking for inspiration and reference and I was shocked and excited to see that Kudzu is taking over Mexico, too! There's a little sarcasm in there because if you know anything about Kudzu you know that it's not supposed to be here. It's a weed that grows at an alarmingly fast rate and is said to be one of the largest natural disasters we're facing. But, it was good for me to see it in person and get to take some reference pictures for Adam's tattoo.




The boys were busy at the shop while I was livin' it up in Mexico. Oh La Ley! Check out some of the awesome ink slinging that went down last week!


Jason Donahue

 

Aaron Hodges

 

Aaron

 

Erik


And Cecelia, who will be starting at the shop next week sent over the photos of what she's been working on as well:




 

 

 



So it's back to the grind this week for everyone at Idle Hand. We're busy making tattoos and getting busy for this Friday, which is the night of the Lower Haight Art Walk! We're so excited because the last Art Walk was so much fun and everyone's buzzing about how much fun this one is going to be! It's fun to have fun!




We are going to be doing our "Get What You Get" tattoos again! We've recently acquired a gumball machine at the shop and we're going to fill capsules with images and descriptions of tattoos. For $60 you randomly get a capsule from the machine and you get tattooed with whatever you get. Get what you get! A couple of our friends asked if they could come do "Get What You Gets" and we said the more the merrier! So you won't want to miss your chance to get a silly little tattoo from Justn Shaw, owner of Faith Tattoo in Santa Rosa and Dave Moore, owner of True Love Tattoo in Berkeley.

Not only will we be doing these fun tattoos but Hightower will be playing in front of the shop from 9-10pm! Can you say PARTEEE?!

Our good friends at the Lower Hater gallery are going to be having their annual holiday, multiple artist, art show as well. Everyone at Idle Hand is going to be putting art work in the show. There's going to be a lot of economically priced art for sale at this show so you don't want to miss the opportunity to get some sweet holiday gifts for yourself! ha!


Jerry's art for the show

 

Jerry


There's going to be a ton of other stuff going on down here that night so it's definitely where you'll want to be!

YEE HAW!!!
H.E.