hot

Donkey Punch?!

This has been a pretty cool week for me. I don't know exactly why but I've had a shift in my focus. I'm feeling unbelievably inspired and I feel like my eyes are open a little wider than they were before. Today I went downtown and looked at some paintings. I stood in front of one and forgot about space and time. I forgot I was anywhere and I got lost in the paint, until it felt like my heart stopped for a second and jolted me back. I can't say that's a common experience for me and not one I'll easily forget. I've been thinking a lot about art and where tattooing fits in that vague broad category. I've decided I'm limiting myself when I say I'm a tattooer. I'm an artist, and tattooing is just one of the things I do that fits within that realm. Sometimes it's the only thing I do. Sometimes I want nothing to do with it. What does that have to do with anything? Will I feel like this tomorrow? Who knows. Who cares. All I can think about right now is the work. The action. Whether it's a tattoo, a sketch, a painting. I love the process and the spark it ignites that let's me know I'm alive.

I'm always aware of how lucky I am to do something I love, and be able to live and survive in a city that I love. I work with some amazing people and they are constantly inspiring me and motivating me. The past few weeks are no exception. Check it out...


 
Jason


Jason


Jason

 

Cris visited the Triangle Tattoo Museum last week and took these photos



 
He also went to Arizona and did these 2 tattoos


Cris


Cris


Holly


Holly



Click here to see the animated version!!!

No weekly blog would be complete without Isaac's Ass. I believe this move is called the donkey punch? 




Click here to see the animated version!!

Everyone at Idle Hand wants to send out our thoughts and prayers to Iggy, Jen and Magnus as lil Magnus goes into his surgery tomorrow. We love you guys!

Holls